Monday, June 20, 2011

Happy Father's Day!!

It was a great Sunday in San Jose as we celebrated with Nick, Ryan and Steve. I made Nick's favorite breakfast, my aunt Diane's sticky buns, and then we headed out to the San Jose Giants game (the local minor league team). Ryan had a wedding to go to, so just the 4 of us went to the game. The cool thing about the SJ Giants is that you can get great seats to watch the game since the field is so small. Everything was going well and Camille politely snoozed through the first few innings in her car seat. Then the 3rd inning sets in and the sun continues to beat down. Now we've got a nice sweaty fussy baby on our hands. 89 and no shade + baby = no fun.
Sweatyness must be something in those Krekow genes because the only babies I've seen that sweat more than Camille are my nephews. My brother and I happen to get quite sweaty too - lucky us! Anyway, I took Camille down below at the game and found a nice little wind tunnel in the shade. Instant happiness (for mom too!). Strangers were walking by and giggling at her massive head of hair blowing in the wind, but it didn't even phase her, in fact, she was leaning in to it. For the rest of the game Nick and I took turns in the wind tunnel and got to enjoy the rest of the game.

The Guerrettaz Dads... we had to keep Camille bundled so she wouldn't burn up in the sun! She has a little raccoon eye from where she got a sunburn at the park (yep, parents of the year, I know).

View from our seats with the mascot Gigante.



1 comment:

  1. Nice seats! And yup, my boys are ridiculously sweaty. Apparently, it's a Carter gene too, b/c I sweat like a pig. A/C is up and running now! Bring on the heat!! ;)

    ReplyDelete