Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Hood Canal weekend

We spent a lovely fall weekend at the canal house this last weekend with my parents and my brother and his family. Nick and I drove up early on Friday as he had some official West Marine business to take care of (stopping at 4 stores on our way out to do an inventory check). Camille and I checked out the goods at the stores while Nick took care of business. I'm not too into boating supplies, but I can always use some new clothes ;)

On Sunday we went to Hoodsport winery to do some wine tasting that my dad bought at an auction. It was... interesting. Let's just say we'll be sticking to Sonoma or even Woodinville wine country. To sum it all up, they are "famous" for their raspberry wine. Enough said.

Camille took to scooting under the furniture



As usual, these two loved watching each others every move

Carter showing Camille his truck. Oh boy, Camille is going to know all about every mode of transportation hanging out with these two :)

We took a walk and at the last minute grabbed an umbrella... it's a good thing we did because we all came back looking like drowned rats except for Camille who stayed dry and happy. 


Our spread at the Hoodsport winery. We had a private tasting with apps. Let's just say the bread and cheddar cheese platter was the best tasting thing I had all day. 




Our "wine guide" could have used a cup (or 12) of coffee to liven him up a little. 




Carter found a few ways of entertainment when our host disappeared (frequently). 

Nick's face says it all

As we were leaving I took this one. Then I noticed the sign below it and almost wet myself...

"Award winning wines" might include best (only) winery in Mason County. At least the company was good :)


3 comments:

  1. Ha! You captured some great moments! Love the pic of Nick with the umbrella. Gosh, that was a nice call. Award winning winery! Who knew?? Quite the spread they had...quite the spread! Now you have me craving Lunchables. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm crying Kirst. You've got a way with words. Your beautiful sarcasm has me silent laughing so I don't wake the babe. He he he.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes! Sounds like an adventure, at least! LOL! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete