Friday, November 4, 2011

HALLOWEEN

Am I the only one that sings the H-A-double L-O-W-double E-N spells Halloween song whenever I write it?
Anyway, Halloween was a success this year at our house. After a few previous years of ungrateful kids demanding more candy among other things, I had just about given up on Halloween as a holiday. I was ready to be a permanent grinch and keep the lights off and hide in my house.
This year, thanks to a good warm up party by Kyle and Sarah, an adorable duck (chicken?) costume from my mom for Camille and some groups of very polite kiddos trick or treating, Halloween is back! In fact I'm already dreaming up how to make our porch into a haunted house for next year.

The pirate and the duckling



Camille costume - round 2... Alan and Carlos from the Hangover. Classic. Sarah and I came up with this idea late one night and convinced Nick to start growing the beard. It was quite entertaining hearing everyone's guesses as to why he was growing it. My favorite was Brian Wilson... all we needed was a little shoe polish and he could have pulled that one off too. There's always next year. 
The best part of the costume was that Camille LOVES the baby bjorn so she was happy as a clam all night long and I didn't have to worry about her at all! All I need are a few more costume ideas for Nick that involve a carrier for next year :)

On another note, we had quite an entertaining time shaving off parts of Nick's beard at a time and I've got some entertaining pictures of the process. :)

 Our neighborhood association sponsored a costume parade in downtown Kirkland, so we dressed up our little duckling and strolled her down to the parade to show her off.


Posing with the front porch pumpkins














I made these ghosts out of balloons, glow sticks and cheesecloth - I saw it on pinterest. They were cute but it needed to be very dark to get the full effect. Next year I'll put them in the side yard away from the porch lights. 



1 comment:

  1. And what a cute little sitting duck she was! I love your ghosts! I want to do that next year and hang them in our woods! So spoooooky!

    ReplyDelete