Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Pittsburgh

I have to say, I think Pittsburgh was my favorite city on this trip. I'm not sure I ever would have thought to go there, but I really enjoyed this city - maybe it was the tour we took and the background info connected me to the city. In any case, it was a good one.


Attempting to catch the "Pennsylvania Welcomes You" sign

They have the "just ducky" tours in Seattle and I've seen a few people who have gone on them recently and had good things to say, so we decided to check it out while we were in Pittsburgh. It was pretty cheesy, but we actually learned a ton of interesting information about the city. For instance, did you know Pittsburgh has more bridges than any other city in the world, including Venice? 
 Taking the plunge
 It floats! (these boats were originally used in the military to bring soldiers to shore during battle. It moved about 5 mph in the water. I wouldn't want to be a soldier getting shot at in this thing. 



Here's what we looked like in the water. Steeler stadium in the background


One of the many bridges
 We took a funicular up the incline to catch a view of the city











 Had to catch a Pirates game while we were in town. 


 Turned out not to be such a great photo, but there was an amazing view of the city from this stadium. Definitely one of the best ballparks we've been to. 
 Drinking his Pirates beer
 Yep, laying on the ground where a million people spit, throw trash, spill beer... and I didn't care one bit because she was entertaining herself :)



 Fruit snacks save the day again and give us an extra inning at the game. 


And we are spent

Headed home in the morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment