Monday, June 27, 2011

We have life!

In the craziness of moving, my computer charger got packed up and put in the POD. I'd been using Mariah's power cord at Steve and Margaret's house, but on Wednesday, Camille and I flew up to Seattle, so therefore, no power for the ol' laptop. This weekend while unpacking the PODS, the cord was found and I'm back online! Here's what we've missed this week...
Our first 'solo' flight (without daddy). I was a bit nervous to get through the airport with all of our stuff (stroller, car seat and base, bag, diaper bag, purse, sanity) but everyone was so nice when they realized I was by myself. The ever grumpy security dudes were super helpful and even put all of my stuff through the scanner and then helped me take it all off and get me put together again. Then, when I got to the gate, the Alaska lady rearranged seats so that Camille could have her own seat and I could bring her car seat on board. She even gate checked my other bag since I wouldn't be able to carry the bag and the car seat at the same time. Once on board the plane, we happened to have a younger single guy as a seat mate. Those of you with kids know that this is the most undesirable seating companion to have when you are travelling with kids. Grandmas who want to entertain the baby, perfect, moms or dads who understand when your kid cries, that'll work too... Needless to say "single dude" didn't look too thrilled to be sitting next to us. Camille showed him though, she didn't make a peep the whole flight. The only thing "single dude" said to us the whole time was (as we were pulling into the gate), "wow, that's a really good baby". Congrats Camille, you just convinced single dude that maybe kids aren't so bad after all :)

Camille got to check out some new toys at Grandma and Grandpas house. We left some gifts up here knowing that we wouldn't need them until we moved. Camille is almost ready for the Bumbo chair. Thanks Jean and Jeff!
Sleeping through Grandma and Grandpa's softball game


Friday was Grandma's birthday. We took a bath to get all gussied up for the big day.

We went to SeaStar with Diane and Great Grandma Norma. That's 4 generations of beautiful Bennett babes! 

 Happy Birthday Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment