Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tempe

From Houston, Camille and I flew to Phoenix to visit my parents who were renting a place in Tempe for a couple of weeks. We had a nice relaxing week and Camille was quite happy to get back into her daily routines which included naps and having someone other than mama to play with. 

The temperatures were pretty perfect in the mornings so we tried to head out early each day so that we could get a little hiking in. I brought the ergo carrier that I actually bought for baby #2, but it worked great for Camille. The first day we went to the hole in the rock and got a great view of the area and the zoo next door. 







 The next day we drove to Superstition Mountain and did a short hike up, but it got pretty hot pretty fast so Camille and I weren't up for much. The valley was filled with wildflowers and was pretty beautiful between the flowers and all the Seguro cactus.






On the way home we stopped at the old mining camp ghost town/tourist trap for some entertainment.








One day we went to the botanical gardens to see all the cool cactus and other native plants.  Camille really wanted to walk on her own, but I was too nervous she would end up hugging a cactus, so I had to keep her in the stroller, much to her dismay. 



Since the pool at my parents complex wasn't heated and the little water princess likes her warm water, we headed up to Scottsdale where another friend of my parents was staying. We enjoyed seeing another area and Camille loved the pool. 




The last day we were in town was the day before Easter, so we decided to get in the spirit and dye some eggs.










No comments:

Post a Comment