Thursday, May 16, 2013

What's new

Some of our latest adventures:

Grandma & Grandpa K got Camille a sandbox for her birthday which has helped with her fear of sand. She loves to play out there on the new patio daily. We love using our patio since the weather has been great, it's been a great spot to read the paper, drink coffee and hang with Camille while she plays every morning. 



Ever since she stopped wearing diapers, the poor kid can't keep a pair of pants on her skinny butt. The other day while playing in the sandbox, she had a bad case of the pants slipping...


Hanging out in her new big girl bed. She loves her bed even if she does end up sleeping on the floor half the time. And I love having a place to relax (and maybe close my eyes for a minute) while she plays in her room. 


Her favorite part of the nighttime and bathroom routine... hand washing and teeth brushing. I think its more getting to play in the sink, but whatever works!



When she eats breakfast with mama we eat blueberries on her waffles... 1 berry in every hole - yay! But when dada and the syrup are around, kiss the blueberries goodbye and give this girl some sugar.


I can't believe it took me this long to show her the olives on the fingers trick. She was mighty impressed and loves olives even more now!






Really?


Trip to the zoo with grandma



Camille and her BFF Amelia drawing on the patio. These girls love each other so much it is adorable. They also get into twice as much trouble together as either does alone ;)



Hanging at the Sounders game for my cousin Lauren's birthday. Thank you Eric for the box and food otherwise we never would have made it. It's pretty awesome that the girls can run around without us having to chase them (and the personal bathrooms made it less stressful too!). I think Camille ate a gallon of popcorn during the game. 


Somehow she just knows that once you eat all the cereal, you are supposed to drink the milk. Just wait until I am nice enough to buy her some of the sugary stuff! 


She loves putting her own clothes on now, although she still needs help or both legs end up in one hole pretty frequently. The other day I asked her to put her underwear on and she took her job seriously...





I think 8 pairs oughta do it. Maybe this will be our new strategy when leaving the house so I don't have to ask her every 10 seconds if she has to go to the bathroom. 


Poor kid took a tumble down the stairs for the first time and got a nasty bruise on her forehead along with a cut upper lip and gum. Then a few days later she fell off her chair and busted up her lower lip. The only thing that would get her to stop crying was the "weewee" (tv) and a cup of ice. She hasn't been complaining about the popsicles and smoothies either. 


On another groupon whim, I bought some play sessions at the Rainbow Play structures - basically a showroom for all the swing sets and trampolines. Naturally the expiration date was looming and we still hadn't used our sessions, so I made a quick call to Sasa and E and we headed out for the first of 2 sessions (note to self: stop buying groupons!). Camille and Eli had a great time, it was actually pretty fun and we had the whole place to ourselves for part of the time. I had to tear Camille away at the end of our time, so I'm pretty sure she won't object to us returning next week to use the rest of our passes! 




This one cracks me up. She was trying really hard to make a basket.




No comments:

Post a Comment