Camille is making all sorts of fun progress lately. Her vocabulary just keeps getting better and better and it's fun to see how she tries to make sentences. She loves knowing where everyone is at all times. One of her favorite games to play is "Where's ____?" as soon as the person walks out of the room. She will ask where dada is all day long even though she knows he is upstairs in his office. We feel really spoiled that Nick is working from home. Camille gets to go in (now that she's finally learned to open the doors upstairs) multiple times a day to bug him. I get to do errands during nap time, and sleep in until 8 (if baby G doesn't wake me up earlier). I don't know what we'll do when Nick gets a "real" job and has to leave every day... hopefully we won't have to worry about that for a few more years.
Making a train out of her chairs.
Nick and I started a puzzle for the first time in years. Camille had other plans.
We went back to the play structure place with Eli and Sarah and Camille found a nice home under the picnic table. I snapped a few photos in the hopes that Nick will want a project this summer and will build her one.
It only took us 2 years, but we finally broke in the tub in the master bath. Neither Nick nor I are bath people, so it hasn't ever been used. I finally decided Camille might have fun in there and she's taken every bath since then there. The only bad part is that I can't quite bend over comfortably to get the water to get her hair washed, so that's been fun. I'm not sure what it is about getting her head wet, but this kid screams like you are trying to murder her every time. She doesn't like showers anymore either, so we've resigned to the fact that our kid will be a little dirtier than she used to (or should I say I since Nick would shower her once a week if he were in charge ;)
On our way to the canal for Memorial day weekend. We got in the car during nap time in the hopes that she would sleep the whole time. Naturally when I told her it was time to sleep she asked for a blanket ("bimmit") which of course I didn't have. I did have a pillow in the back so I stripped off the pillowcase and told her it was a blanket. She stuck her feet right in like a sleeping bag and promptly nodded off.
Not sure if this was Camille's idea or the boys, but she thought it was pretty ingenious. Camille loves following her cousins around the house and just watching them. Nick and I love getting a break from entertaining her so it works out perfectly (minus a few more accidents since she gets distracted while playing with the boys and forgets to go to the bathroom).









No comments:
Post a Comment