We started out Father's day this year with a trip to Remlinger Farms to pick some strawberries. Last summer Sarah and I took the kids to pick raspberries and blueberries and Nick was quite jealous he didn't get to go. Although strawberries is a bit more back-breaking, we still had a great time. I told myself I wasn't going to be bending over and picking berries at 37 weeks pregnant, but of course I just couldn't resist those beautiful berries. I paid for it the next day though.
I stuck with Camille while Nick whizzed ahead and got the majority of our haul. Camille loved finding the berries and plucked about anything that had a tint of red to it. As a result we have quite a few half ripe berries, but they'll taste great in a smoothie! She also found that the nice beautiful red ones tasted pretty darn good so when she found those they ended up in her belly quickly.
Happy Father's day to the best! Camille is lucky to have such a great dad who spends so much time with her. I know I am spoiled by everything you do for us! We couldn't ask for anything better.
The next day's jam haul. 2 batches - 1 regular strawberry and 1 batch of strawberry balsamic - a new recipe and quite delicious!
After our trip to the farm and a nap, we headed over to Kyle and Sarah's to celebrate with dads and grandpas and to enjoy their brand new deck. The kids enjoyed their very own picnic table.
Happy Father's day Krekow/Guerrettaz clans!
My grandpa, dad, brother, kiddos and I. We are so lucky to be surrounded by so many great dads and grandpas! I know my brother and I have really been blessed to have my dad. He is the most generous person I know in every way, whether we need time, expertise, advice, money, you name it, he'll be there for you. What a lucky gal I am all around!
Cousins!











No comments:
Post a Comment